Bidvest Materials Handling (Pty) Ltd, a Trading Agent of Bidvest Commercial Products, was established in 2010 with the purpose of importing and distributing Materials Handling equipment, parts and services. The company is wholly Owned by the Bidvest Group.
Our product & service offering includes:
Bidvest Materials Handling is able to offer a total solution to all your materials handling needs.
- Sale of new units
- Long term rentals
- Sales of refurbished units
- Maintenance contracts
- Service work on all makes of forklifts
- Parts supply – all brands
- Short term hire machines
- Battery supply and maintenance
About our brand – Unicarriers
Through the integration of TCM and Nissan Forklift, UniCarriers Corporation offers the market over a century’s worth of combined experience, and product value that has long been considered among the best in the industry.
- Headquarters and Global R&D center, moving to Shin-Kawasaki, Kanagawa prefecture.
- Reach truck forklift, designed and produced in Europe, receiving International Forklift Truck of the Year (IFOY) award in the category of Warehouse Equipment.
- U.S. retail sales company “Capital Equipment & Handling” becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of UCA.
- Acquisition of 70% of equity stake of Anhui Hecha Forklift Co., Ltd, production and sales company of China.
- Three retail sales companies in Japan, U.S. and Europe becoming wholly-owned subsidiaries.
- Acquisition of Konosu factory of UD Trucks Corporation.
- “FOZE”, diesel forklift truck and certified used forklifts being placed on market.
- Integration of TCM Corporation and Nissan Forklift Co. Ltd. Start operation as UniCarriers Corporation.
- TCM Corporation and Nissan Forklift Co. Ltd. joining UniCarriers Group, each becoming 100% subsidiary of UniCarriers Corporation.
- Establishment of UniCarriers Corporation (UniCarriers Holdings Corporation).
Nissan Forklift Co. Ltd. history
- Founding of Nissan Forklift Co. Ltd. succeeding Nissan Motor’s industrial machinery business.
- Nissan Forklift celebrates 50th anniversary.
- Atlet AB acquired by Nissan Forklift group.
- Founding of Nissan Forklift Shanghai.
- Takada Kogyo succeeded the Nissan Forklift production from Nissan Motor’s Murayama plant.
- Founding of Nissan Forklift Espana.
- Founding of Nissan Forklift Corporation, North America which manages Nissan Forklift manufacturing and sales activities.
- Local manufacture of forklifts in Spain begins.
- Nissan Motor acquires shares of Barrett Industrial Trucks Inc. of the USA; local manufacture of forklifts begins.
- R&D, manufacturing and sales are consolidated at Nissan Motor’s Murayama Plant; all-inclusive and in-house operations are established.
- Export to USA begins.
- Shinnikkokukogyo Co. Ltd. commissioned to design and manufacture forklifts.
- The first Nissan Forklift rolls off the assembly line at Nissan Motor’s Totsuka plant.